Smile makeovers are some of the most common and highly popular forms of cosmetic treatment plans because they wrap up all of your ideals of a perfect smile and make them a possibility. Smile makeovers consist of different procedures, fixing numerous cosmetic problems, and bringing less than luster teeth back to health. Cosmetic dentists often find that these smile makeovers help many patients who have problems with their teeth that only they can identify at a glance, and take this opportunity to give back youthful, natural-looking smiles. It’s a unique prospect for each individual, and the only way to truly determine if you need a smile makeover is by understanding what treatments you could get, and what qualifies as a smile makeover.
What Does a Smile Makeover Treat?
Smile makeovers work primarily for cosmetic purposes, but good cosmetic dentists focus on determining how healthy your teeth are before receiving treatment. Dental exams are necessary to determine the best options, such as:
- Your Bite – Your bite can have a huge impact on your smile. Worn down teeth due to overbites, underbites, and bruxism can affect your ability to have certain procedures. But in these cases, braces or Invisalign will be able to correct these issues, as well as nightguards
- Tooth Color – If your teeth color shows a yellow, brown, or black residue, teeth whitening treatments can help correct the color. Before any other major changes to the teeth, teeth whitening treatments can match the natural shade of your teeth, and can even work on reducing the amount of work needed to get that new smile look.
Gum Health – If the gums of your teeth appear puffy, red, and tend to bleed a lot, then it can affect your ability to get a smile makeover. Smile makeovers need a strong foundation to work on, and diseases such as periodontal disease can cause the teeth to become sensitive to restorations. Before any procedures can be done, the gum disease will need to be treated.
What Treatments are Part of a Smile Makeover?
After those initial problems are diagnosed and treated, patients can receive a smile makeover and give it a more aesthetically pleasing look. Some of the treatments available include:
- Teeth Whitening – Teeth whitening can brighten up the teeth and fix any intrinsic discoloration.
- Porcelain Veneers – Veneers act like shells and cover the existing teeth with flaws, chips, and cracks.
- Braces/Invisalign – Braces and Invisalign can correct minor misalignments in the teeth.
- Crowns – Crowns help to replace missing teeth and give back a complete smile. These caps help fill in missing spaces between teeth and help restore a previously damaged tooth’s appearance and function.
If you have any concerns about smile makeovers and wish to see if you qualify for a smile makeover, contact Dr. Reynaldo Barbon at Superb Dental Care, located in Pasadena, CA.