When it comes to your dental health, our team at Superb Dental Care is your trusted partner. Dr. Renaldo Barbon leads our team committed to delivering personalized and top-quality dental care. In this article, we will focus on a prevalent issue that affects many – sensitive teeth. Dr. Barbon sheds light on the root causes, available treatments, and how our clinic can help alleviate that discomfort and help you regain your oral health.
Understanding Sensitive Teeth: Causes and Treatments
Sensitive teeth can turn simple pleasures like sipping a hot cup of tea or enjoying an ice cream into painful experiences. The causes of sensitive teeth are varied and can include:
- Enamel Erosion: Over time, the protective enamel layer can wear down, exposing the sensitive dentin beneath.
- Gum Recession: Gum tissue may recede, exposing the tooth roots and their nerve endings.
- Cavities or Fractures: Tooth decay or fractures can lead to direct exposure of the tooth’s nerve.
- Bruxism (Teeth Grinding): Grinding your teeth can slowly wear down the enamel and expose dentin.
- Acidic Foods and Beverages: Consuming acidic substances can weaken enamel, increasing sensitivity.
- Tooth Whitening: Some teeth whitening treatments can temporarily cause sensitivity.
However, the good news is that sensitive teeth can be managed and treated. Depending on the underlying cause, your treatment options may include:
- Desensitizing Toothpaste: These toothpaste formulas contain compounds that help block nerve signals, reducing sensitivity.
- Fluoride Treatments: In-office fluoride treatments can strengthen enamel and reduce sensitivity.
- Dental Sealants: Sealants can be applied to cover exposed tooth surfaces, reducing sensitivity.
- Dental Bonding: This involves applying tooth-colored resin to seal exposed dentin and alleviate sensitivity.
- Gum Grafting: For cases of gum recession, gum graft surgery can protect exposed roots and reduce sensitivity.
- Proper Oral Hygiene: Maintaining excellent oral hygiene habits can prevent enamel erosion and gum recession.
Take Action for Your Dental Comfort and Visit Superb Dental Care Today
Our clinic, Superb Dental Care, provides a warm and welcoming environment where your oral health is our priority. Let us help you achieve a healthier, pain-free smile and regain the joy of eating and drinking without worry.
We invite you to visit Superb Dental Care in Pasadena, CA, or give us a call at (626) 844-7778 to schedule an appointment. Dr. Reynaldo Barbon and our caring dental team are dedicated to diagnosing the root cause of your sensitivity and tailoring a solution that suits your unique needs. Trust us with your dental care, and let us guide you towards optimal oral comfort and well-being.